Nutrient Power: Heal Your Biochemistry and Heal Your Brain

Nutrient Power: Heal Your Biochemistry and Heal Your Brain

Language: English

Pages: 224

ISBN: 1626361282

Format: PDF / Kindle (mobi) / ePub


Updated to cover the latest scientific developments, a must-read for individuals, families, and medical practitioners that opens a new door in psychiatric health care.

Psychiatry has made great advances in the past fifty years, but it needs a new direction. Today’s emphasis on psychiatric drugs will not stand the test of time. Recent scientific advances, particularly in the molecular biology of the brain, have provided a road map for the development of effective, natural, drug-free therapies that do not produce serious side effects. Psychiatric medications have served society well over the last fifty years, but the need for drug therapies will fade away as science advances.

Nutrient Power presents a science-based nutrient therapy system that can help millions of people diagnosed with mental disorders. The author’s database containing millions of chemical factors in blood, urine, and tissues has identified brain-changing nutrient imbalances in patients diagnosed with attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder (ADHD), autism, behavior disorders, depression, schizophrenia, and Alzheimer’s disease. This book describes individualized nutrient therapy treatments that have produced thousands of reports of recovery. Walsh’s approach is more scientific than the trial-and-error use of psychiatric drugs and is aimed at a true normalization of the brain.

Depression, schizophrenia, and ADHD are umbrella terms that encompass disorders with widely differing brain chemistries and symptoms. Nutrient Power describes nutrient therapies tailored to specific types, not umbrella solutions to individual problems, and offers a groundbreaking approach to psychiatric health care. Updates to the paperback edition include sections on nutrient therapies for bipolar disorder, expanded chapters on depression and schizophrenia, and analysis of the latest scientific developments in brain research and advanced nutrient therapies.

Vitamin D For Dummies

The Probiotic Promise: Simple Steps to Heal Your Body from the Inside Out

Educating Nurses: A Call for Radical Transformation

67 Ways to Good Sleep

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

She reported a worsening of anxiety the first three weeks, followed by clear improvement during month two. Within six months, her symptoms had nearly disappeared and she returned to work after a year’s absence. Her psychiatrist has weaned her from Tegrerol and Zoloft, and she continues on a low dose of Zyprexa. Schizophrenia Case History 2 –Overmethylation Robert, age 25, sought nutrient therapy after several unsuccessful trials of counseling and psychiatric medication. He was employed as an

persons who react badly to medications that increase serotonin neurotransmission. Depression Case History 5 – Low Folate A middle-aged man from Colorado reported suicidal depression at his initial visit to our clinic. Concerned about his safety while waiting for lab results, we urged him to see a psychiatrist immediately after returning to Colorado. His wife later reported that her husband was given 20 mg/day of Prozac soon after returning home, but that the depression became sharply worse

disorders and ADHD. Significant chemical imbalances were found in 94% of the 10,000 persons in my behavior database. Many of the remaining 6% had a history of a serious head injury, epilepsy, or oxygen deprivation during birth. The incidence of chemical imbalances for the ADHD population was about 86%. Males outnumbered females by a three-to-one ratio in both groups. The vast database revealed strong correlations between chemical abnormalities and specific behavioral disorders and ADHD:

and Stefan Vogt of Argonne National Laboratory and Walter Lukiw of the Louisiana State University (LSU) Health Sciences Center. The tissues were 10-micron thick sections processed under highly stringent conditions at the LSU Neuroscience Center Brain Tissue Bank. The chemical assays were made at Argonne’s Advanced Photon Source, using high-brilliance photon beams focused to 0.4 micron diameter. Samples were raster-scanned, yielding tens of thousands of individual measurements for zinc, copper,

results were reported for young schizophrenics, with lesser efficacy for chronic patients. After many years of research, Hoffer recommended a protocol involving the combined use of niacin, folic acid, vitamin B-12, vitamin C, essential oils, and special diets for schizophrenic patients. Dr. Hoffer theorized that schizophrenia resulted from excessive levels of adrenaline and adenochrome (breakdown products of dopamine and norepinephrine), and his therapy was aimed at normalizing brain levels of

Download sample

Download